Saturday, 9 January 2016.
I’ve got so much to tell you!!
How I swipe on Tinder was my last diary entry…
Yeah, yeah, I’m quite artistic and a bit impulsive, too, sometimes. But, as exciting as Tinder is… I ponder over everything. I’ve gotta have my principles and values everywhere! No other way to live.
So, before I tell you about this guy I matched with, let me tell you how I try to chat:
- Answer every message. Good manners are all about being considerate of other people’s feelings. That’s how I expect to be treated myself, after all. If someone is disrespectful – which is rare – OK, in that case I’ll definitely unmatch. Immediately!
If I realize the chat is either too slow or too boring for my taste – yawn, can’t take that – or then that the guy and I seem to have nothing in common, I’ll just go “Hey, nice meeting you here and good luck with your search,” unmatching them a little later.
- I never share things that are too personal. You never know who is behind the profile. There seem to be some dodgy ones there, too. A couple of my pupils said they have fake profiles on Tinder. Can you believe it? Gosh!
- I try to be warm, open-minded, curious, friendly, proactive, truthful, and a teeny bit mysterious. To play a little. Show my best self. Slowly. What if he is the One? And why waste time being half-hearted and lazy, anyway? Either do it right or just don’t do it!
- Chatting in Finnish feels like work to me. So, just in English!
- I take the initiative when I feel like it – when the guys are quiet.
- One date at a time… Ha-ha. When I’ve already promised to go on a date with somebody, I tell all other guys who ask me out: “Let’s wait and see how the other date goes first. I’ll let you know, OK?”
There have been soooo many matches and pleasant chats this first week… 😄
But none as warm as Tino’s… Sigh! 😍
We matched on the 6th this month.
Gotta go! More later. 🤞
© 2017 rf
Obs. Day 20 since moving out. New beginnings!